1. The Ibiza of East Africa.
2. Hundreds of free sample chapters from Princeton University Press (via Marginal Revolution). This could keep me busy for a while.
3. Lesotho 2010: Bringing the World Cup to Lesotho.
4. "I was wrong." You don't hear academics say that every day. Kudos to Alex de Waal.
5. Fuck! Iranian immigration officials are stopping returning Iranians at the airport, making them log into their Facebook accounts, and confiscating their passport if there is anything critical.
6. Microfinance in Southern Sudan
7. Easterly knows how to write. Keep it simple, stupid.
8. Julian Gough on the Best Albums of the Noughties (there aren't any)