From Tessa Bold & Jakob Svensson for the DFID-OPM-Paris School of Economics research programme "EDI"
1. A focus on learning in primary is still essential - don’t get too distracted by secondary and tertiary
2. More focus on teachers’ effort, knowledge, and skills
3. How do we go from pilots to scaled-up programs? (and related - can we design interventions that explicitly allow for existing implementation constraints at scale)
4. How can we use ICT to bring down the cost of sharing information on performance?
5. More research on public-private partnerships such as voucher programs